From: Maureen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2001 9:15 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Ouch

At 12:07 AM 12/15/01, Howard wrote:
>Before Sept. 11, the thought of two planes flying into the WTC was "remote
>at best."

Just a few weeks before the September 11 incident, the television Lone
Gunman had an episode about a plane flying into a skyscraper.

Tom Clancy's book Sum of all Fears ends with a plane being flown by a
terrorist into the White House.

So obviously some people had thought of it.  The military supposedly even
had a scenario for it.

My problem with all of this is the government's lack of action to prevent
known threats while spinning about how we need to protect against threats
that are improbable.

It's about priorities, and the government's priorities have been screwed
for years.

I could give you a list of 50+ scenarios where kamikaze terrorists could
bring this country to its knees and the government has no protection
against any of them.