If you believe #2 you are blind, probably wilfully so and there is no point in
further duscussion.  As to your union guy, what is your point?

By the way, that may be *your* definition of conservative. It is not mine, nor,
apparently, this economics professor's. Conservative does not have to equal
blindly agreeing to every sociopathic measure a corporation may take.

Dana

> > Dana wrote:
> > What I can't understand is why people who think of themselves as
> conservatives are in favor of
>
> LOL - you do realize there were no conservative points in any of that
> article, right?  Not a one.
>
> In any event the conservative bottom line is this:
>
> 1.) Gov't's ONLY reason to be involved in business is in the case of
> massive market failure or rampant malfeasance.
>
> 2.) Wal-mart has does not exhibit any part of #1.
>
> As to social responsibility, that's purely a competitive advantage in
> you're aiming at liberal customers.  But even then it's usually not
> because most liberals talk big but buy cheap.  A family friend was a
> huge union guy and rallied against Wal-mart all of the time, but
> guess
> where he
shopped?