> Dana wrote:
> However, your position leads to the contention that all ova have a right to
> be born

It's not my position, it's just a position that I am clarifying so
that I can understand the issues.  And that position would say that
all embryos (i.e., *fertilized* eggs), not all ova, are human life.

As for conflicting rights, that positon would say this:

If a woman knowingly gives up eggs for fertilization then she is
responsible for those fertilized eggs.  The same is true for a man.
Again, there's no logical difference between fertilization in the womb
and in the test tube.  If she knowingly fertilizes an egg she has no
intention of bringing to term, then she's negligent at a minimum.

Further, if someone uses eggs, unknown to the mother, to create a
fertilized egg then they are responsible for bringing the embryo to
term.