> *smirk*
> Not just the UK, most other democratic, developed countries
> in the world as well.
> It's utterly ludicrous to try to argue that such a sign being
> around for so long, even today, is not an indication of
> endemic racism in that township.

I wasn't arguing that... Merely outlining a point of view that apathy is the
weapon of the racist the world over. If the silent majority (I do hope it's
a majority) continue to be silent then any racist points of view that any
group hold will continue to get more of the limelight than they rightly
deserve.

The reasons for this? There are many but I'd say that on factor is
definitely their size... Because these groups are small, they tend to shout
louder and cause more trouble just to get the attention and our media is
geared up for reporting things that are out of the ordinary and/or shocking
neither of which may be *really* newsworthy at any given time...

Paul