> I don't buy the silent majority thing.
> If you live in that town, and that sign is in your town and
> you say nothing then:
>
> a) The 'silent' majority really isn't a majority and those
> that are against the sentiment of the sign are in a minority.
> b) You're a racist yourself.

Apathy is a strange thing... Put it together with the fact that racist
organisations in the UK such as Combat 18 and the less savoury elements of
the far right "political" parties like the BNP have a history of violence
directed towards any and all that disagree with them and you end up with
people staying quiet for the sake of self preservation.

Sad but true.

Just because a group shouts loudest it doesn't mean they are the biggest
group... All it means is that they can should loudest.

Paul