I don't buy the silent majority thing.
If you live in that town, and that sign is in your town and you say
nothing then:

a) The 'silent' majority really isn't a majority and those that are
against the sentiment of the sign are in a minority.
b) You're a racist yourself.

There is no middleground. There is absolutely no way any similar sign
could last for a day in Trinidad unless the people in the surrounding
village/town firmly supported it being there, and then it would only
be a matter of time before an 'outsider' brought it to the
authorities' and the public's attention and it would then be removed.