In line:

On 9/19/06, G Money <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's the killer blow against any religion that says "follow us or go to
> > hell", what happens to people who live good lives according to their
> > culture
> > and upbringing who may not have even heard of that religion?
>

> Once again you focus on the evangelicals. Ignore the nuts, and discuss
> this
> with a moderate priest sometime. They are sure Jesus has a spot reserved
> for
> all righteous people.

I'm not focusing on the evangelicals - either Christianity is about whats in
the bible or it's nothing, and the bible couldn't be clearer on the issue,
if you're not a christian you're not going to heaven. It seems to be a bit
of an exclusive club that way.

Either they go to hell (or whatever the appropriate substitute is) in which
> > case the appropriate God is not acting fairly and can't be considered
> good
> > or worth of following, or they go to heaven (again or appropriate
> > substitute), in which case as long as you follow your own moral compass
> > your
> > going to the good place and you can safely ignore any organised
> religion.
>

> Not sure we get to decide if God is acting fairly or not. If there is a
> God,
> and he/she/it/fsm really did create us and everything else....God probably
> gets to set what's fair and what aint.

Sorry, but I'm not lowering my standards for anyone, God or not.