um. I am not going to bother discrediting the weekly standard, as it
does that well on its own. The fas link is to congressional remarks
that parrot the administration's position. And CFR... I googled and
found this:

As the council prepares to celebrate its eighty-fifth anniversary, it
enjoys a reputation for balanced debate.[1] Newspapers such as The New
York Times, which provides space on its website for council
products,[2] treat the institution as a neutral authority. But when it
comes to the Middle East, the council has increasingly eschewed
research and debate and instead picked a line to the detriment of its
scholarship. As some scholars retire and council president Richard
Haass taps younger scholars to take their place, he has an opportunity
to restore the Middle East program's relevancy.

http://www.meforum.org/article/751

so I would have to challenge it as a source also