I tried workarounds (albeit without any councelling) nothing seemed to
work. I still have my bad days..
Do you find that your symptoms are worse when you don't get enough sleep?

Scott A. Stewart
REAC/PASS-IT
(202)-475-8875

Larry Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/20/2006 04:21 PM
Please respond to cf-community

        To:     CF-Community <cf-community@houseoffusion.com>
        cc:     (bcc: Scott A. Stewart/REAC/HHQ/HUD)
        Subject:        Re: Education (Was: Pet Peeve)

>Mild ADHD is actually beneficial because it allows someone to easily
>multitask, when it becomes severe like in my case it's debilitating.
>Imagine someone has a tv remote control hooked up to your brain, and
>they're constantly changing channels.
>Multitaksing redily lends itself to programming
>
>Current research suggests that ADHD like many other mental illnesses is
>caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain,  in this case between
>norepinephrine and dopamine, which are neurotransmitters.
>

>Scott A. Stewart
>REAC/PASS-IT
>(202)-475-8875

Yes it is but you can compensate through workarounds etc. Look at it this
way, they only way they figured out that Ritalin may help adhd kids was
that an 19 year old kid with ADHD started taking speed to keep himself
awake while studying. He noticed that his ADHD symptoms went way down when
he was on it and told his shrink. One thing led to another and Ritalin (a
close relative to speed) is the most widely prescribed drug for ADHD.