>Actually Larry you are wrong again.
>
>The manual as you put it is for specially trained people in that area, and
>it is up to those people from the results of the test, to diagnose and
>identify what is wrong with someone.

I know, I took 2 semesters on the DSM-IV during grad school. I am an ABD, (all
but dissertation). I told my dissertation committee to take a flying f**k and
walked during my defense. FWIW my dissertation was on attentional processing,
vigilance and hypnotic susceptibility. So I think I know a little bit on
attention and cognition.

>Now as I said before, I am no expert but I am very closely related to
>someone who had this test, and has ADHD (mild case) but has been diagnosed
>with aspergers. Now the report is very detailed based on this manual and yes
>I have read the report, and it outlines the problems with the person in
>great detail.

Try this link:
http://apt.rcpsych.org/cgi/reprint/7/4/310

Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of Asperger syndrome -- Michael Fitzgerald
& Aiden Corvin  -- Advances in Psychiatric Treatment (2001), vol. 7, pp.
310–318

Its an interesting review of the available research on Asperger's, and possible
links to ADHD, OCD and other conditions. Here's the critical part:

--
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) presents with inattention,
distractability, fidgetiness, impulsivity and hyperactivity. Persons with HFA

Gillberg & Ehlers (1998) point out that children who meet criteria for ADHD may
also meet the full criteria for Asperger syndrome. They mention one study, in
which 21% of children with severe ADHD met the full criteria for Asperger
syndrome and 36% showed autistic traits. A developmental history is usually
sufficient to separate ADHD from Asperger syndrome, but ADHD can present as
soon as the child can walk, and it is important to consider that impulsivity
can interfere with social relationships,
making children appear unempathic. Indeed, children with ADHD can be so easily
distracted that they appear to be in a world of their own and therefore seem
socially disconnected. It is not surprising, therefore, that children with
Asperger
syndrome are not uncommonly misdiagnosed as having ADHD, since it is often the
attention and hyperactive problems that parents first observe.
--

So in other words, while there are some similarities the neurological basis for
the problems are different (see my previous posting), and the eitiology is