I see no reason to get hysterical about welfare mothers, either. People will
avail themselves of every advantage a system gives them. No reason to blame
people who do that. Change the system, that's what I say, and do it in a way
that makes sense. Health care is definitely the top long-term economic
problem in this country. We spend too little on preventative care, too much
on emergency care, and our byzantine system of providers and insurers does
nothing but generate billions and billions of dollars worth of waste.

Having said that, I don't know what the solution is. I like the idea of a
single-payer system because it reduces complexity. I dislike the idea of the
government running any part of it.

--
Robert Munn