I learned my lesson on leases. I will NEVER get one again. I had a totally
bad experience with one.
When I was getting deployed to Iraq, we were told that soldiers below the
rank of E-6 were not allowed to have their cars at Fort Hood. So I contactd
the lease company and used the Soldiers Sailors Act of 1946 and turned my
vehicle in and terminated the lease. So I turned my vehicle in, and found
out a couple of days later once I got to Hood that anyone could have their
car there. So I contacted the lease company, asked if I could continue my
lease (not start a new one) and have my car until Dec of '04 when I shipped
out to Iraq. The chick said 'Sure, no problem. Have your wife come and pick
it up and then contact us in Dec'. So I did this, and come December I called
the and lo and behold, I could NOT turn my car back in. According to their
asshole lawyers, since I picked the car back up I made the Soldiers Sailors
Act null and void. I even gave them the time, date and name of the bitch who
told me this. Seems she had already been terminated for something else and
since she was not there to corroborate my story they told me to go pound
sand. I gave it back anyway as my wife did not need two cars and my lease
was expiring in 5 months anyway. So I now have this on my freaking credit
report and am still fighting it. So never again do I get a lease. Total
rip-off and I had a lousy experience.
Bruce