> Dana wrote:
> it will simply increase the incentives to say the patient is
> well whether the patient is or not.

No!  That's old health care system (HCS) thinking where the patient
has no power and is a slave to "the system".  In CDHC the patient has
ALL of the power!  TAKE THE POWER BACK!

The patient's HSA is portable and he/she can spend it at any clinic
they like, any time they like, for as long as they like, on whatever
they like.  How many businesses do know that will turn down money?

If you're a doctor and Joe Blow says he's not well, you're going to
treat him.  If you give JB crappy service, he's going to add his
feedback to healthcare.epinions.com.  Then when I go to look for a
doctor to treat what JB had, I'll see that Dr. Dana's got a few dings
on her record and look elsewhere.  Soon your little Qwack Shop will be
shut down and you'll be out of business.  Or you'll wise up and start
providing the type of care the customer demands.

Now, before you mention all of the issues that need to be solved there
(doctor/patient privilege, hypochondriacs, etc) I'll say that, yes,
there are details and, yes, provisions must be made for them.

But the underlying system (which is the topic) is the solution.  We
just need someone to take the lead.  Since the government isn't,
private industry is (thus Steve Case's new joint).

Ahh, the beauty of capitalism.  The only system where the consumer is king.