I'm with you guys. Unfortunately, health care is the single greatest scam in
the history of the world. It's really the only scam I know where just about
every single person getting rear ended has absolutely no idea it's even
happening.

It's almost like the Office Space/Superman III worm: take a little from you
every time, do it a few million times, end up with billions. Insurance has
an ace up their sleeve though....the ultimate diversion to keep the sheep in
line: Charge 10 times the amount for a normal procedure, show that amount to
the consumer, then come swooping in with about half that amount, to rescue
the consumer! Consumer is: 1) flabbergasted by that first number and 2)
Completely relieved that insurance was there to help them.

Never mind that not only was it the consumer's money to begin with, it was
only a small portion of what they've given to the insurance companies over
time.

I phucking hate insurance.