From: Russel Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:23 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: VA Massacre & Gun Control

What new law would have prevented this?  A gun control law made the whole
situation worse, IMO.  Had at least one professor or student in the area
been trained on handgun use and had a concealed carry permit with a firearm
this would have been a different story.  The first two victims would
probably be dead, but maybe not the next 30.

Looking at this with some training, this guy was basically a coward.  He
locked the doors to prevent a response.  That was the act of a coward, a
forward thinking coward, but still a coward.  He also knew he was the only
armed gunman on campus.

I doubt he would have run when confronted by another armed person, but he
probably would have retreated and killed himself.