> Does training also teach the discipline to know when is the proper time to
> draw your weapon and when not to?

Yes-- Jesus Christ, have you *ever* been to a firearms self defense training
course?  Have you ever even read the table of contents of a curriculum?

> I have no problem with well trained, reasonable, sane people carrying
> firearms, however there must be laws in place to ensure that only well
> trained, reasonable, sane people have access to and can carry firearms.

OMG... Once again from the top: laws don't "ensure" *anything*; they only
describe what is allowed and what the punishment is for not complying.
Everyone say it with me: "Criminals don't follow laws... That's why we call
them 'criminals.'"

> I do think you're asking for trouble by carrying a gun in a holster on your
> hip everywhere you go.

Oh, really?  Ever been to Kennesaw, Georgia?  It's the safest well-populated
city in the country, which started the year following the establishment of a
law making it illegal to *not* own a handgun.  Many people carry open holstered
in Kennesaw, and lots more carry concealed.  The police let you use their range
and make free training available.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com