But essentially you would be, unless you waited for him to come to you. If
somebody is just aiming and shooting, your reaction time isn't going to be
the same, you will have to identify the threat, and fire and hit before he
does.

Also the reports I've read said this guy had on a bullet proof vest. So,
then what? I realize getting shot, even with a vest on isn't going to feel
good, but what happens if he manages to stay vertical, and shoot you.