Rubber bullets will just piss them off. Trust me I know, I was shot three
times last month with 5.56mm hard ass rubber bullets from about 10 feet away
(infantry school, we were clearing insurgents out of a room). Anyway, we
both exchanged several rounds before we simultaneously hit the desk because
we were getting pissed because they sting so freaking much and they break
skin. Still have fresh scars from them. But in a life or death situation,
they are not going to work. Go for the real deal. And not a 9mm either. Go
with a .45 or something bigger. 9mm's don't stop people very well either.
Again I know because we use them in Iraq and I have seen firsthand they
suck. Loathe can back me up on this one I am sure.

Bruce