On 10/30/07, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be fairly easy to come up, say, an international 4 part
> intelligence test:

Sure!  After you're done with that, find the biological counterpart
to the amount of The Force within one;  I can't remember what
they're called, but Anakin has a grip of 'em.

One Question could be: "will Channing need a translator?"

I don't know about the ethical whatnot, but come on guys, hard
science?  This whole theory of genetics based intelligence is like
constructing bell towers- big, heavy honking bell towers- on jello.

It's sloppy, soft science.  "Here, take two bubble sheets and call
me in the morning- #2 pencil is no longer needed, we're high tek-
a ballpoint pen will work fine (just don't mess up)".

It's sorta like the dark side, ya know?  Racial profiling and stereo-
type BS, wanna-be Real type stuff.  "Hey, it sorta works ('cept
when we need it most), lets call it understood!".  Or something
like that.  Too bad language is such a poor vehicle for thought,
(or, well, sentiments along those lines.).

Dana said a great quote earlier, one of those gattaca-type
quotes.  Marvelous.

Why do we pursue the easy ways out? (when it's pretty obvious
that they are not, in fact, the correct ways out.)

Why do I have so much fun being all weird?

Nature vs. nurture (and defining the two, of course!) are the
spice of life tho, right?  What was that movie with the stock-
market and the oranges?  Ha!  Hollywood thinks of these
experiments before scientists do!  Sike.(<--yeah, spelt rite)

1) you can't test for what you can't define (or it's Hard*)
*Math Hard. capital Ay-ch Hard. P=NP and whatnot.
2) quantum physics
3) rich white guys get theirs in the end
3a) "our economy rewards people...basis..." - classic! =]
3b) Happy Eve Eve (if it's not past midnight where u Arrr)

--
"Maybe he was joking,"
"question may be independent of the currently accepted axioms"