>> Larry wrote:
>> No what I am saying is that that sort of experiment is illegal and unethical.
>
>Wouldn't it be fairly easy to come up, say, an international 4 part
>intelligence test:
>
>1.) Quantitative
>2.) Arts
>3.) Emotional
>4.) verbal/reading
>
>The whole thing could use symbols rather than language and neutral
>sounds.  You could then administer it to a random sampling of children
>in every country world wide and look at the results.
>
>If you also gathered demographic data on the subjects you could
>probably make all kinds of associations. For example, children born to
>malnourished mothers did worse than children born to healthy mothers
>would seem to make sense.
>
>Why would any of this be unethical or illegal?

first off the experiment I described required a controlled within and between
study using triplets. Separating them at birth, assigning them to the different
conditions and doing regular assessments. You cannot treat people this way,
look up the Tuskagee experiments or the experiments done in the concentration
camps. There is no difference here, these are not rats. Any other separation
would not work - it leaves too many alternative explanations open. You cannot
use a chance separation or natural groupings here, it again there are equally
viable alternative explanations to any possible differences.

Besides why do the experiment at all there are literally thousands of studies
on the topic. Here's a very slopping search I did on scholar.google.com:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=race+differences+intelligence&num=100&hl=en&lr=&as_subj=bio+med+soc&scoring=r&as_ylo=2002

this returned over 20,000 hits, most of which show that there are very minimal
differences that can be better explained by non-racial factors. Again its a
case of differences within racial groups are far wider than between these
groups.