Yeah, looked at Cloverfield.

It is...well it reminded me of the Blair Witch project, which I didn't
like that much either.
Focusing on a small group of individuals was a nice touch.

The camera style just didn't work for me. It may have been meant to be
'realistic'...
but in reality it took away from the movie in my view.

Apparently the best and worst things about it was the choice of this
handheld camera 'style'.

Did I mention the ending?
bleh.

I'm not sure if it would not have been a bigger success if it had been
more traditional.