Actually, after sending that I thought about my argument and I'd like to
modify it.  I am supportive of subsidies (exemptions) to ensure that
children have a certain minimum standard of living.  After all, they
didn't make the any financial decisions good or bad and shouldn't be
penalized for that.  I think Fairtax would solve this my simply
increasing the poverty line / prebate per number of dependants, so it's
really a moot point since it's already factored in.  I just wanted to
clarify my argument.

I would leave the rest intact however - really any subsidy that's taking
money out of one person's pocket and putting it into another is NOT a
level playing field.

-Cameron