No, I think fairtax is actually a solution for 1 and a partial solution
to 2.  Eliminating the IRS is a GREAT step forward in eliminating
bureaucracy.  Are you saying you think fairtax will have more
bureaucracy than the current system?

If your biggest objections are now that is takes alot of effort to send
everyone checks, then the argument's really over because I will agree
that it will take some amount of effort to track that, but nothing that
even approaches the expense of running the IRS.

-Cameron