>I'm going to initially chalk this down as a dell OEM DVD thing but... I
>would just be careful not to void any warrentiees you might have. I've
>already used mine twice. I would not want to void it by putting an OS on
>there that is not supported. Dell has replaced my motherboard, ram. then a
>day later I spill soda on the keyboard and they replaced that too. Just
>saying you never know when you might need to call a tech to your house.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking of checking with them first, since I do have
several years on my warranty and I know they can be pretty anal about that kind
of thing. Pretty funny that you have had the same kinds of problems as me...so
far they had to replace the soundcard (it shipped with a bad one) and the
motherboard. I've had good luck with them in the past, but I really am kind of
tired of this lemon they sent me, and the techs that just keep making things
worse and causing me many days of dealing with the problems. I do have another
computer I could always try Vista on...but it's only got 2 gig of memory and
not going to be getting more.