On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:48 PM, Mary Jo Sminkey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> >It was released yesterday.  Anyone brave enough to try it yet?  I'm
> not.....
> >
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089.aspx
> >

> I wasn't paying attention to this much as I've stubbornly stuck with XP up
> 'til now...but today I got a free copy of Vista SP1 Ultimate through the
> Amazon Vine program, so looks like I'll be giving it a trial run at least.
> It's good timing for me as the Dell techs did a pretty good job making a
> mess of my system and I need to just reformat it and start from scratch, so
> a good time to load on a new OS. Any big caveats I should watch out for
> using it as a ColdFusion development platform?

Yeah,

Since you bring up dell. I reformatted my computer recently and was having
troubles installing the vista disk without the additional dell drivers CD
they send along with the vista CD... maybe it was because it was OEM, but I
needed to install the stupid MediaDirect partition before the vista OEM disk
would install correctly. Maybe the full install disk will run differently.