For what it's worth, Vista will run fine with 2 Gig (although over 1 Gig,
really).

My son's computer (admittedly not very high use) is a 2.4 GHz P4 with 2 Gig
of RAM and an nVidia geForce 6600 cheapy video card.  Vista (including Areo
Glass) runs really well (I've got the business edition on his since I had a
free license).

Jim Davis