From: C. Hatton Humphrey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2008 12:15 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: The BlueDragon Story

> Just so anyone else is not confused.....
>
>  Bill asked a simple question. His experience shows that he is not well
>  adverse in releasing applications for others to use.

"Cyber" I have to wonder what crawled up some bodily orifice and died
this morning.  Bill was asking a simple question and rather than
taking the opportunity to provide a positive answer you decided to
waste bandwidth and try to make him looks bad.  In doing so you only
hurt yourself.

Bill, to answer the question - BlueDragon is a product that is
released by NewAtlanta.  They have two, soon to be three, versions of
their CFML rendering engine.  Two are built, like the Adobe engine, on
a Java base.  The third is built on a .NET base.  Their pricing
structure is less than Adobe's and they have taken the language into
different directions.  They have gone through a number of release
cycles and have proven their worth in the CF market.

Recently they announced that the base version of their engine will be
going Open Source.  I don't personally know the details of the
release, not sure if it's happened or not.

Hatton