And if that were the case, great.

But this is the declaration required by the National Coordinator.  The
official honcho.  The big cheese.  The (wo)man at the top.

This is the main organization that coordinates "official" events, government
funding and government involvement.

This article concerning the local management in Minnesota is interesting
reading:

http://www.minnesotamonitor.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=3848

Sharon Auldrich, the local coordinator, signed this pledge from the main
office.  In addition she was also required to agree to this:

"I commit that [National Day of Prayer] activities I serve with will be
conducted solely by Christians while those with differing beliefs are
welcome to attend."

Although they don't seem to allow Jews into the club (and several Jewish
organizations are sponsoring protests and lawsuits) she had this to say two
years ago:

"It's a Judeo-Christian observance, and people of other faiths who ask about
participating are encouraged to set aside their own day of prayer," Auldrich
told This Week Online in 2006.

Regardless of what they may have believed personally this is an utter
repudiation of the goals for the day set aside by Truman and Reagan (the two
presidents responsible for the observance).

Jim Davis