>It's so very rare that all those pieces fall into place at the same time and
>for this show it was a surprisingly common occurrence.

Very much agree with you. I was one of those that really didn't give the show
much of a chance when it first came on, and then re-discovered it later when I
was bored with the other Trek series, and then went back and watched the whole
thing on DVD from beginning to end and really came to appreciate its quality.

I'm actually doing the same thing now with Battlestar Galactica which I only
recently started watching on DVD. I really knew very little about the series
(original or new) going in so it's been really fun to discover it. Been very
careful not to watch any of the new episodes on TV as I want to experience the
show in sequence as it was meant to be watched, but only took me a few episodes
in to think, damn, this is *really* good!

--- Mary Jo