I am about pride and saving face. We disgraced the military and the
country by quitting. Now, I never thought that we should have been in
Vietnam in the first place. We suffered from not paying attention to
history. Other countries tried what we did and failed. I see no reason
why we would have made a difference. But then again, that war was being
fought by the politicians and the military had to fight with one hand
tied behind their backs. Perhaps if the politicians had let General
Westmorland fight the North the way he wanted, things would have been
different. Just like if Clinton had allowed tanks and bradleys in
Somalia like the General that was running that conflict had asked for,
things would have been different as well. The military got to run WWI,
WWII and Desert Storm and you see the results of that? We won hands
down. The wars that politicians want to fight, Vietnam, Somalia were all
lost. Do you see a pattern here?
I see the same thing happening now and it disturbs me. We can win in
Iraq, but we have to be able to do it by letting the generals run the
war, not the politicians. Politicians need to do what they do best,
lying, cheating and pandering their way into and staying in office and
let the military do what they do best, fight and win wars.

Bruce