ok, think about the primary. obama polled several points above where he came
out in the election in certain key states. so i look at the current polls
and see basically a dead heat or even (could it be?) a slight lead for
mccain. that's heresy in political circles. even many republican operatives
put obama ahead, but i just don't buy it. according to dick morris (and lots
of other folks) obama is at 269 electoral votes in current polling. i have a
suspicion that 269 is as high as he is going to go. it takes 270 votes to
win.

most importantly, either way this thing goes, we're going to have a capable,
decent guy in the white house for the next four years.