I've not answered this question because it's been answered 20 freaking
times.

You want quantifiable metrics and management bullshit that doesn't
pertain to combat operations, especially when you're conducting counter
insurgency operations.

We can go back through the history of the Iraq conflict and show you the
goals, how they changed, and where we are now if you'd like.

2003 - Regime Change
2004-2007 - Establishment of Iraqi government and military
2008 - SASO (stability and security operations)

How do we measure success in each phase of the operation?

2003 - Baath party removed from power
2004-2007 - 1st real elections held in Iraq, government, military and
police are set up and begin training.
208 - increased security, increased handover to Iraqi control of ongoing
combat operations, lessening of the numbers of Iraqi and American dead

GG buddy, you're falling behind on the Iraq game, things have really
changed, the surge worked, and will hopefully get us out of their sooner
  than most people thought.  Now it's back to Afghanistan.