> Yeah.
>
> Give them some tanks. A few helicopters and some mercenary pilots to fly
> them.
> Give them some more modern arms..and a nice stash of ammunition.
>
> Then we'd have a proper war. Force on Force....army against army.
>
> And no more of this pissy 'terrorist'/'freedom fighter' stuff. It would
> be a nice conventional war.
>
> Use diplomacy to keep the other Arab States from joining in..and then
> wait till the dust settles and see who's left standing.

Ohhh .. that's not going to happen.  Once Israel is down (if that ever
happens), then I'm sure some other Arab states will start kicking them.

> The worse that could happen?

Things go bad for Israel and they fall back on their nukes to turn the tide
of war, since they will have no choice but to fight for their very survival.
If they start firing nukes at other countries, then the rest of the world
will probably start to step in and choose sides.  This just amplifies the
existing tensions between the other countries and, before you know it, the
other countries start going at each other and then we have a global war. WW
I was sparked by the assassination of one duke .. I'm sure flying nukes
would easily spark WW III.

> A Stalemate...and a continuation of the current senseless
> hatreds...except this time it would be military against military.
> Instead of Military VS Civilians and on the others side, Bombs vs
> Civilians.

A stalemate would be the best that could be hoped for .. but even that would
probably still draw other nations in.  This solves nothing.

> Look..the only way this thing is going to end..is in bloodshed and
> annihilation.
> Why let it happen slowly?

My point has been that it doesn't have to end this way. It's not the only
option, but it seems to be the only one everyone is interested in.

> If its going to happen anyway, then MAKE it happen in a somewhat
> controlled fashion, instead of letting it just spiral wildly out of
> control one day.
>
> Whaddya say?

um .. no?