I don't think the decision was a narrowly-focused as a revenue stream.  More
like buying the majority of a market that is consumed by the single most
powerful economic force on Earth: young tech-savvy wage earners, each of
which will be purchasing upscale items for many decades to come.

Lotta reliable dollars behind those eyeballs.  That fruit might be a whole
lot heavier with juice in a couple of years... command a much, much higher
sale price than a measly-ol' Billion dollars.

And if not, it will nonetheless pump up the overall value of Google as a
media company.

Just watch.  It isn't about a hastily-purchased revenue stream.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
President
Productivity Enhancement