>> When is the last time there was a story about this issue anywhere in
>> the national media? Anyone?
>
>I could dig up several of my posts that talk about it, but who really
>reads all that stuff anyways.
>
>What bugged me was exporting that mentality to other countries, like
>Africa and whatnot, where the ABC's have been shown to work.

Care to cite any studies that have been published in reputable scientific
journals? All the ones cited by the fundies seem to include a contraception
component that's lacking in US Abstinence only programs.

>Remember that group claiming Bush helped kill thousands (or more) by
>promoting AbsOn?
>
>This *is* mainstream for people who are sick of our country being
>fucked up and half of our people acting like it ain't.

Again if you're claiming that it works, then show some supporting data. And not
just propaganda from some group with an agenda, but I'll settle for one study,
just one published in one of the following journals:
American Journal of Public Health
Journal of Publish Heath
American Journal of Epidemiology
Epidemiology
Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health

The idea is that when you remove the ideology from Abstinence Only sex
education you find out that all too often its ineffective, or worse results in
higher rates of STD's or teenage pregnancy.