On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Dana wrote:
> I guess I don't think I know enough to make that judgment.

Ok, I'll give you that I'm throwing stones.

*Sorry Rob, I was wrong!*
And disseminating or something like that. disingenuous.

Maybe the situation they have is perfect for them, and works just swell.

Hell, who can say what makes a good family.  Maybe all families are
good, and it's all relative.

One parent, two parents, no parents... what difference does it make?

Who am I to say something is "optimal" or not, right?  Hell,
everything happens for a reason (a good one, in the long term, IMO).

> YOU HAVE NO CLUE what goes on in that house or what "their best" might be.

You are right.

I hate it when people tell me that I have "so much potential", you
know?  Who the hell are they to say that, from the outside?

> PS -- and no I am not making any of that up. I have seen all of those
> accusations flung around, some but not all of them directed at me.
> When I lived in Florida I was reported to child protective services
> for having an internet account, I kid you not. And the scary thing was
> that they actually came out and investigated that :)

I'm sure you're not making any of those  up-- in fact, I think they
may affect the way you interpret what is said about working mothers
and whatnot.

I'm not as naive as I appear, Dana, I've been around, and I'm not
trying to knock working mothers or something.

If you've got the ability, you should be with your kids, unless, of
course, you're bad for them.

That's just my opinion.

Knowing people who never had the option, it makes me value the fact
that I can do it, you know?  Sorry if it came across poorly.

:Denny

--
I keep forgetting that there is really no such thing as good or bad--
that it's all relative.