I'm not saying abandon, I'm saying that we should stop treating Israel like
our vassal state and let it be its own country. I'm also saying that we
should stop feeding cash to countries that don't need it or are not our
friends. Saudi Arabia does not need our aid but they get it anyway. Egypt is
not our ally and we aid it (most of that aid goes to weapons to fight an
unnamed country to its east). Cut the entire middle east off. If they flock
to Russia then so be it. They're already doing so and in the end it'll
bankrupt Russia's cold war effort. They're extending credit for weapons to
their new 'allies', lets see if it ever gets paid back.