It has been a fairly obvious campaign by the radical Left. Remember Cindy
Sheehan saying her son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel? Then
she blamed the "neo-cons" for getting him killed:

"Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was
killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son
joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full
well that my son, my family, this nation and this world were betrayed by
George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agendas after 9/11. We
were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our
freedoms and democracy … not for the real reason, because the Arab Muslims
who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy."