Yes, it is all about dollars and cents.
Without money, we can't buy the parts we need to keep the vehicles running
to get us out to train. If we can't train, we are not ready to fight. We
can't afford the new equipment or the neccessary upgrades that are required
to keep us technologically superior. If we can't keep our technological
superiority, they we are not ready to fight. And they like to cut the number
of troops, which means they are going to start nit picking and kicking out
otherwise good soldiers just because they are a couple of pounds overweight.
And since they need less soldiers, they are slower to promote. And that
means that good soldiers are going to stalemate. Everyone will start looking
over their shoulders again and backstabbing each other so that they are not
axed.
I can go on and on, but I think that you see the picture.

Again, I truely hope that these things don't happen. I hope that he picks
his generals and Sec Def based on their experience and willingness to keep
our military strong and ready at all times.
Time