From: Loathe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 11:17 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: RE: Election Day Results Thread

To jump in with my own experiences.

Under the Clinton administration it seemed that the "dumb grunt" perception
was furthered.  Operational tempo was at an all time high (Somalia, Haiti,
Eastern Europe, Korea, Kuwait, Saudi and so on) yet budgets were being cut
left and right.  Training budgets (field time, bullets, fuel for aircraft to
practice airborne insertions) were down, promotions were down, people were
being RIFd (reduction in force, fired basically, laid off).  You really had
to scrape to get good gear, and had to buy a lot of your own stuff.

There was also a more negative mentality about the military by the
government in general. Clinton wasn't allowed to Ft. Bragg for fear he would
have been assassinated.  When my unit had to assist with presidential
security in the middle east during a summit we weren't allowed to be visible
to him or his staff.  That administration needed us, but it didn't want to
see us.