The above is seriously the strangest argument I have heard recently. The
analogies don't work at all. Apples and vacuum cleaners.

A doctor is a health and life issue.
A doctor is licensed by the state.
A doctor works at a (usually) public company.
A doctor has taken an oath to help.

A priest is non of the above.
A marriage in a church is a religious issue,pure and simple.
And a priest in a church is in a different category in a lot of law based on
"freedom of religion".

Better analogy might be requiring the priest to recommend another church the
couple could go to to marry. Which, btw, most churches do. (but, due to the
difference in "priest vs doctor", this can never happen.

Or, an ambulance driver refusing to take a person to a hospital.

Or a taxi driver refusing to drive people from the airport if they have
liquor in their bags.