On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all on life support right now. Should we save
> them or let them go through bankruptcy?

Bankruptcy - just like the airlines.

> The way I see it, these companies need to go through BK so they can get a
> fresh start without the albatross of the bad financial decisions of the past
> hanging around their necks. Bush isn't going to bail them out, but Obama and
> the Democratic Congress just might.

Bankruptcy may allow them to renegotiate the union agreements that are
causing alot of the trouble with out of control costs.

> Will a bailout help, or will it merely delay the inevitable death of
> companies that are burdened with obligations they can no longer afford?

The way I see it, there is little difference between bailout and
bankruptcy for the Big 3.  They are still refusing to see that they,
for the most part, make an unappealing product (for a number of
reasons) and no amount of bailouts or bankruptcies are going to fix
that.

-Cameron