That's basically the way I see it. Wipe out the shareholders and re-work the
union agreements, then re-capitalize through the markets. Oh, and use BK to
wipe out layers of middle management and streamline operations. I agree, it
isn't going to be easy, but the alternative is to leave these companies on
life support indefinitely.

As to the bailout idea, even if the money is a loan, I don't see how they
are going to pay it back under current conditions. I would rather see them
go through BK and come back as leaner, more competitive companies.