From: Sam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 11:54 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: the list

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM, David Churvis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Anyone who uses racial epithets in any context is misguided, and should
not
> be assumed to speak for the gay community, just like right-wing
> fundamentalists who use racial epithets should not be assumed to speak for
> the Christian community.  I will say that at the rally I attended on
> Saturday, I heard nothing of the sort, and I highly doubt that this
behavior
> was the norm.

The racial epithets at the Palin rally were not real, yet it was a big
issue about how she encouraged hatred.
These are real and yes they probably are few, but nobody seems to care.

> And honestly, calling a boycott hate is patently ridiculous.  We don't
want
> to support businesses that would help the fight to take away our rights,
> just as I'm sure you wouldn't want to support businesses that fight to
give
> us all the rights we feel we deserve.

I didn't mention hate. Boycotts are fine, I participate myself
sometimes. My concern is targeting individuals and boycotting the
business based on an employee's donation. That sounds like
McCarthyism, the term the left trots out so often until they do it.