Why do your comments scare me? You relish the prospect of going to war
with Iran, you denigrate the existence of the UN, you label the talk
of "diplomacy and policy change" as boring and poo-poo Obama for not
being "hawkish". You've got nothing but stick, no carrot. The world
view is simplistic and militaristic. I'm proud of the generations of
my family that have served in the military. But as far back as I am
aware, every one of them has served because of dire need, not because
they wanted us to go to war.

Violence is last resort and a resort to it means that things have
failed. Sometimes you can't really help but fail as the cost of
avoiding violence is too great. I'm no pacifist. But the attitude
arrayed in your messages in this thread seem bellicose and  wishing
for a state of warfare. Is it because you feel most comfortable in
that situation? I understand that you dearly love life in the military
and I can see that. But does that require such a belligerent attitude
toward the rest of the world in order to justify the place of the
military?

I'd love to see our military in a place where it is a respected force
that is little used. I'm not someone who wants to see it done away
with. But diplomacy has to be the first, second, third,
fourth....n-1th resort. A perpetual state of warfare benefits no one
but the corporate and political vultures that feed on it.

Judah