It's quite comforting know that the future of ColdFusion is in their hands.
Hopefully they move it before they ruin it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:joch...@oli.tudelft.nl]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:36 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Adobe Rant

** Private ** wrote:
> Finally I decide to bite the bullet and suck up the $150 (with exchange
> rate). Now I can't even download the fecking software because the Download
> Manager returns an error and I got to call the same frigging place that
> couldn't help me  the first time.
>
> Is there anybody on this list from adobe that can help me out.

Is this the EDS site (the Akamai download junk)? Then allow popups, visit it
in Firefox and when it pops up dig in the HTML source for the actual
download location.

> Jesus what a pain in the ass! You'd think for $800 you'd get some useful
> help when you call there.

LOL

Last month I spent two days downloading LiveCycle, a $300,000 product. I got
exactly the same recommendation: download it from home. The problem was that
the download from home worked, but the file I downloaded had the wrong MD5
checksum. After 3 days it turned out Adobe had published the wrong MD5
checksums. Then it took a week to get a license key for the $150 Acrobat Pro
upgrade it needed to install.

Jochem