> Take healthcare.  If the government gets involved can you imagine the
> ongoing political outrage that's going to be happening for the next
> eon?

It is *hardly* the same thing. The vast majority of other capitalist countries
still have government-run healthcare. There's a little more logic with lack of
healthcare = bad  than with consumerism = bad. Frankly, the idea that
government is ALL BAD is just as emotional as everything else.

> Why oh why would ANYONE want to tie politics to their healthcare?

Why oh why would anyone think that having healthcare should depend on your
level of wealth? Oh sorry, we're the only ones that think that.