On Dec 21, 2009, at 9:26 AM, Sam wrote:

>> anyway, the mammogram recommendation was a federal one and I know you want
>> the govt. out of healthcare....I figured you'd be happy with this.
>
> I'm confused.

The insurance companies were being forced to pay for mammograms because the
suggested age was 40 before...now that it's 50, they can save 10 years worth of
mammogram fees.

>> This leaves the insurance companies and doctors able to make more money
>> since the mammogram claims can be denied.  Isn't that what you want?
>
> You logic is bizarre. Doctors don't make money if the claim is denied.
> Insurance companies don't save money if you get cancer. This is the
> government preparing to ration care to save money when it owns health
> care.

sure doctors make more money.  I just got my dentist claim summary back about 2
days ago.  My routine cleaning was a $45 charge.  My insurance company said
that they only allowed $25.  The dentist only got paid $25.  Now, if I were to
go there without insurance and they said, "Ok, that will be $45" and I said,
"No, I only allow $25 for this procedure", do you think I would have walked out
of there only paying $25?

and of course, if the insurance company doesn't have to pay for the procedure,
they're making money there.