On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Zaphod Beeblebrox
<zaph0d.b33bl3b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think capitalism is evil...never have.  I'm well aware though that
> capitalism could really care less about my welfare.

You can chose a capitalist company that does.

> So you're saying that they weren't forced to pay for mammograms, but since
> the govt. has said the new age is 50, they're not going to pay.  I'm not
> getting your logic here:
>
> age 40 recommendation = insurance pays because they want to
> age 50 recommendation = insurance will no longer pay, but not because of the
> govt.
>
> ?

I never said insurance companies stopped paying for mammograms for under 50.
I do believe medicaid will and after Obamacare is ratified many Ins
companies will be forced to.

> Nope, they didn't deny the claim...and yet, I have to spell this one out:

You're getting more like Dana every day.

> If person A goes into the dentist with no insurance and pays $45 for a
> cleaning
> and
> Person B goes into the dentist with insurance and insurance pays $25 for the
> same cleaning....
>
> who do you think the dentist would like to help more?
>
> I'll give you a minute to work that out.

You do realize there are dentist that don't accept insurance, as well
as doctors, and there are those that do. Why do you think the ones
that is?

> In ten years, statistically, you'll be at another job with another insurance
> company.  At that time, the new company could probably deny you for
> pre-existing conditions.

That just delays it for another ye