No no no, not to detect the presence of explosive by odor, chemical
composition and so on. With an x-ray they would have seen the stuff
strapped to his leg or inside his underwear or wherever it was. That is
what I am talking about. And the x-ray machine can have a chemical
detector in it as well. Chemical detectors are already being used. When
coming from Iraq on R&R, I had my assault pack which while in Iraq was
used to carry extra ammunition. So of course they detectors went off and
I had to have my bag rubbed down with the little cloths, which turned up
positive for gun powder. It did not take long for me to explain it
though so it was  not really an inconvenience for me. Shows that
something in  place was actually working.